Two of the board members at TORK will speak at a day-long seminar entitled “Opensource Software in Robotics, and its real- world examples” hosted by RSJ (Robotics Society of Japan) in September, 2015.
The following is some of the info cited from its official web page [Link to RSJ top page](where registration can be made as well). Reportedly watching the talks online-realtime will be possible on a request-basis.
- Seminar Language: Japanese
- Date: 9/11/2015 F 9:50-16:40 (entrance 9:20)
- Remote: Paid webinar style will be available. Registration opens in early August.
- Venue: Chuo University, Korakuen campus Bld.5 Rm.5134 (1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo)
- Speakers (translation by TORK)
- #1 10:00-11:00 Kei Okada (U. Tokyo) Current and the Future of Opensource Robotics Software in Research
- #2 11:10-12:10 Yoshitaka Hara (CIT) ROS-based autonomous robot for outdoor pedestrian space
- #3 13:10-14:10 Koichi Nagashima (Kawada Robotics Inc.) Humanoid research robot
- #4 14:20-15:20 Isaac I.Y. Saito (TORK) Facilitation of Opensource Robotics Software in Industry, and its future
- #5 15:30-16:30 Minoru Yamauchi (Toyota Motors Corporation) Toyota Partner Robot
We haven’t found English information for this session yet. If interested, we (TORK) might be able to provide assistance, so drop in a line at info[a-t]opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp